For those on a more pragmatic budget, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more affordable or more attention-grabbing 4x4 camper van than this imported 1995 Mitsubishi Delica JB470 for sale by Nomadic Van.
Affectionately nicknamed Gimli after the cantankerous, small, but powerful dwarf in The Lord of the Rings series, the Delica JB470 is also much, much more capable than it's humble stature would suggest. It's powered by the same 2.5L, 4D56 turbo diesel that was installed in the Pajero, which is mated to a 5-speed manual and 4-wheel drive.
Inside, the Delica JB470 comfortable seats 6 passengers with plenty of space for a kitchenette, ample storage, bathroom, and convertible sleeping space. The additional storage on the outside, as well as retractable awning and table, contributes to what is one cool and quirky imported 4x4 adventuremobile.
About the Delica JB470.
Around these parts, the Mitsubishi Delica is more than a novelty. It's the convergence of JDM capability, utilitarianism, and reliability. The Delica was first issued by Mitsubishi in 1968, offered as both a cabover van or pick-up truck. The Delica is still in production today, and has sold across the world under various names and variations, but the core spirit lives on in spades.
The JB470 is one of the camper van variations of the Delica, and they're so rare in the U.S. that only a small handful of Delica camper vans pop on the market every year. The fiberglass camper shell is imposed on a Delica truck chassis, and thanks to the highly-capable turbo-diesel motor and 4-wheel drive, the Delica camper van will confidently transport you off the grid with ease.
Specifications & Features:
For $39,995, the lucky buyer will receive a low-mileage, nicely-spec'd Delica JB470 complete with documented maintenance. Let's dig in.
- 1995 Mitusbishi Delica JB470
- 2.5L 4D56 turbo-diesel engine, with boost increased to 12 psi.
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Nomadic economy tune, including
- 4-wheel drive with hi/lo transfer case
- 71,204 kilometers / 44,244 miles
- Seating and seat belts for six
- Working back-up camera
- Rear cabin with hangout mode and sleeper mode
- 3.5 gallon freshwater tank
- 8 gallon secondary freshwater tank
- Greywater tank
- Rear cabin Webasto diesel heater
- Dual propane burner stove
- Battle Born auxiliary battery
- Passenger side awning
- Outside table
- Two external storage compartments
- Shower & toilet stall
- 15 in. two-piece wheels
- 225/70R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T Tires
- Timing belts replaced
- New front case engine oil seals
- Refurbished water pump and new thermostat
- New radiator hose
- Refurbished alternator
- Valve clearance adjusted
- New valve cover gasket
- New front & rear shocks
- New fuel filter
- New oil filter
- New air filter
- Fuel pump tune