Signing up for an account on Fourbie Exchange means you can comment on and receive notifications on auctions. In order to place a bid, you'll need to first add a payment method, then verify your billing address.
AMC 4.2L / 258 ci. I6
I'm delighted to bring this low-mileage, well-restored 1982 Jeep J-10 Townside long bed to auction here on Fourbie. This exceptionally clean truck is finished in Slate Blue Metallic with Olympic White accents and a blue interior. It is powered by a 6-cylinder engine, 4-speed manual transmission and dual range transfer case. It stops with factory power brakes and steers with factory power steering. Refurbished under previous and current ownership, this J-10 looks just as nice as it drives, and now it's ready for its next caretaker.
I look forward to your questions, and wish you the best of luck in bidding!
- Chris P., Classic 4x4
- The Jeep J-10 J-Series pickup truck was produced by AMC from 1974 to 1983. They shared bodywork with the Jeep Wagoneer and Cherokee from the cab forward, and were offered with step side or traditional slab side bodies, known as the Sportside and Townside.
- This 1982 Jeep J-10 Townside is powered by the desirable AMC 258 ci. I6 motor mated to Tremec T-177 4-speed manual and NP208 two-speed transfer case. Power is sent to the wheels through a pair of front and rear Dana 44 axles with Warn front locking hubs. The odometer reads just 66k mi. There are no known mechanical flaws, as the truck runs, drives, rides, shifts, steers and stops well.
- The exterior is finished in the factory-original color, Slate Blue Metallic (2C), after undergoing a quality respray under prior ownership. Under current ownership, a bedliner was applied to the 7ft. bed, and the factory-original front brush guard and rear step bumper were painted in Olympic White (9B).
- Additionally, a factory reproduction Phoenix Graphix white vinyl decal was added to the upper body line. A Hi-Lift Patriot Edition jack was mounted to the front brush guard. A removable flip and fold Rugged Ridge gray vinyl bench seat and seat belts were installed in the bed, increasing seating capacity to five.
- The interior presents in highly-original condition with minimal wear. A few modern conveniences were added, including custom Carhartt dash cover, custom Jeep branded floor mats, custom light walnut shift knobs, a wireless Sonos Roam Bluetooth speaker mounted on a Spartan Mount, replacement plastic glove box and an interior glove box mounted dual port USB charger.
- The current owner also reupholstered the headliner in gray suede with plaid cloth visors and gray vinyl lower kick panels. The seatbelts were replaced and a gray stitched leather steering wheel wrap was added.
- While this truck appears to have been well-maintained throughout its life, a comprehensive regimen of recent service and maintenance performed under current ownership includes tuning the carburetor, resetting the timing, synthetic powertrain fluids, fuel tank, sending unit, fuel pump, soft fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, starter, spark plugs, plug wires, valve cover, PCV valve, radiator, water pump, hoses, belts, wipers, power steering pump and pressure lines, front and rear brakes, new spare tire and 31 x 10.5 General Grabber A/TX tires with less than 200 miles.
- The known exterior imperfections are normal wear and tear, a few minor chips and surface scratches in the paint, a few minor chips in the windshield and minor surface corrosion on the underside and original chrome wheels, all pictured in the gallery.
- The known interior imperfections are normal wear and tear, minor cracking in the original vinyl floor by the gas pedal (covered by the custom Jeep floormats), and three cracks on the top of the dash (covered by the custom Carhartt dash cover), all pictured in the gallery. The gauges are functional, but the gas gauge reads off by a half a tank and the oil pressure gauge is intermittent.
- The odometer reads just 66k miles, which were added over its 41 years in the dry climates of Montana, Utah, Texas and Arkansas before it was acquired for the current owner's classic 4x4 collection and relocated to New Jersey in 2022. It comes with a clean New Jersey title in the seller's name, a clean CARFAX, and two sets of keys.
- All Photos
- Documentation & Extras
The AMC 258 I6 is a legendary motor, earning a reputation for solid torque, reliability, and longevity.
- AMC 258 ci. I6
- Tremec T-177 4-Speed Manual
- NP208 Transfer Case
- Dana 44 Front & Rear Axles
- Warn Locking Front Hubs
- Manual Choke Weber Carburetor
- Odometer Reading: 65,698 mi.
1982 Jeep J-10 Townside Pickup
Bid to: $15,750JQ1983
Low Mileage, AMC 258 ci. I6, 4-Speed Manual, NP208, Restored, Clean CARFAX
Item condition New
Auction expired without reaching reserve price
Confirm Your Bid
Your Bid: $$$$
Buyer's Fee: $$$$
The winning bidder pays Fourbie Exchange a 4% buyer's fee on top of the winning bid (minimum $350, maximum $5,000). When you bid, we will place a hold on your credit card for the buyer's fee to help prevent fraudulent bids. If you win the auction, your card will be charged the fee at the end of the auction, and you will pay the seller directly for the vehicle. If you don't win, your hold will be released. Bids are binding and cannot be retracted. You are responsible for completing all due diligence prior to bidding.