Signing up for an account on Fourbie Exchange means you can comment on and receive notifications on auctions. In order to place a bid, you'll need to first add a payment method, then verify your billing address.
2.2L 4Y-E Gasoline I4
North East, PA
Dealer ($475 Dealer Fee)
Welcome to our auction of this unique 1988 Toyota TownAce 4x4 camper van. This is a left-hand-drive van that has been custom-converted into a practical overland camper, featuring a suite of modifications designed for outdoor adventures and extended travel. With a number of useful modifications like rooftop solar panels, and interior and exterior LED lights, this Toyota 4x4 van is a well-equipped companion for anyone looking to explore the outdoors or embark on road trips in comfort and convenience. Please do reach out via the comments with any questions and we'll do our best to answer them quickly and thoroughly. Best of luck!
- Nolan, NFI Empire
- The 1988 Toyota TownAce is a versatile and compact van that was produced by Toyota in various body styles including vans, wagons, and pickup trucks. It was well known for its boxy and utilitarian design, offering a spacious and practical interiors, as well as its available 4WD, which made navigation in difficult terrains easy.
- This custom-outfitted left hand drive high-roof camper van is powered by a 2.2L 4Y-E gasoline engine rated at approximately 94 hp. and 135 lb.-ft. torque. The 4 cy. engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and 4-wheel drive, making for a highly desired powertrain. The engine and transmission are both said to have been rebuilt within the last ~20k mi.
- In addition to the rebuilt engine and transmission, recent service includes new clutch, front brake pads, rotors, and ball joints.
- This van has been the subject of a suite of modifications designed for outdoor adventures and extended travel. The van's interior has been efficiently transformed to include storage and to maximize space and organization.
- Other features include locking hubs, rear side skylight, cruise control, blue cloth captain's chairs, rear four-link coil suspension, and front double wishbone suspension with torsion bar. Off-road and overland customization includes includes custom cupboards and storage drawers, interior and exterior LED lights, electrical inverters to support 120V plugs, aftermarket radio, and a solar panel mounted on the roof.
- This vehicle has a number of interior and exterior cosmetic flaws that are commensurate with a vehicle of its age and mileage, as shown in the detailed photo gallery. The seller is unsure about the operability of the roof-mounted solar panel.
- This vehicle is sold with a clean Pennsylvania title and one set of keys. There is a $475 dealer fee that is in addition to the final bid price.
- All Photos
- Documentation & Extras
This is a truly practical overland camper featuring a suite of modifications designed for outdoor adventures and extended travel. In addition to a chassis suited for the off-road, the van's interior has been efficiently transformed to include storage drawers and cupboards, maximizing space and organization.
- Locking Hubs
- Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Cruise Control
- Blue Cloth Captain' Chairs
- Custom Cupboards & Storage Drawers
- Interior & Exterior LEDs
- Electrical Inverters
- Aftermarket Radio
- Roof-Mounted Solar Panel
1988 Toyota TownAce 4×4 Overland Camper
Bid to: $3,700cubaswag
2.2L 3C-E Diesel I4, Recently Rebuilt 5-Speed Manual, 4×4, LED Lighting, Recent Service
Item condition New
Auction expired without reaching reserve price
Confirm Your Bid
Your Bid: $$$$
Buyer's Fee: $$$$
The winning bidder pays Fourbie Exchange a 4% buyer's fee on top of the winning bid (minimum $350, maximum $5,000). When you bid, we will place a hold on your credit card for the buyer's fee to help prevent fraudulent bids. If you win the auction, your card will be charged the fee at the end of the auction, and you will pay the seller directly for the vehicle. If you don't win, your hold will be released. Bids are binding and cannot be retracted. You are responsible for completing all due diligence prior to bidding.